525 SSL handshake failure

I am continually trying to send a link to my customers and all they get is an error on the page with a red X saying, 525 SSL handshake failure.
What do I do it’s been going on for months!

A 525 error is typically caused by a configuration issue in the origin web server when its SSL certificate is not properly set up. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for advice & insight.

1 Like

Website?

P.S: 525 errors are often caused by a configuration issue on the origin web server. Error 525 occurs when these two conditions are true:

The SSL handshake fails between Cloudflare and the origin web server, and
or SSL is set in the Overview tab of your Cloudflare SSL/TLS app.
Resolution

Contact your hosting provider to exclude the following common causes at your origin web server:

No valid SSL certificate installed
Port 443 (or other custom secure port) is not open
No SNI support
The cipher suites accepted by Cloudflare does not match the cipher suites supported by the origin web server
If 525 errors occur intermittently, review the origin web server error logs to determine the cause. Configure Apache to log mod_ssl errors. Also, nginx includes SSL errors in its standard error log, but may possibly require an increased log level.

Thank you for that detailed answer.
I’m really new to this and I had someone set this up for me.
I don’t really understand what I have to do x

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.