524 host error when uploading images

Hello there,

I am sorry for disturbing you and maybe asking question that has been asked/answered. Due to luck of Cloudflare knowledge I could not express my problem to google clearly that is why I could not find any solution.

Situation: I have two laravel project in my server and one serves as CDN and it is under cdn.mydomain.com subdomain. It worked perfectly, however when I added Cloudflare to my website I can actually get already uploaded images but cannot upload images to my cdn server anymore and it gives 524 host error. What I found that 524 timeout error in Cloudflare but I could not relate this to my problem.

Thank you beforehand!

524 means it took longer than 100 seconds to complete that operation. If it’s a large batch process, can you break it down into smaller chunks?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your instant replay!

I could not get your idea of breaking into smaller chunks. When there is not cloudflare everything is ok and I can upload many images. After activating cloudflare I cannnot upload single image. If you ask, I even compress images and send with lower size. In order to send image from one project to another I use ftp. I am not sure if it can be reason of this problem. Could you please suggest something to do. If you wish I can upload screenshot to have clear understanding of the problem.

Thanks!

Something is taking longer than 100 seconds, which you probably see because it takes about 100 seconds before you see the 524 error.

Is this while uploading images from your home computer?

Actually, only admin can add images. It is not users who has problem of uploading image. How can I debug this to find out problem? What should I do to get more info rather that just 524 host error?

What’s the link?

A 524 error indicates that Cloudflare made a successful TCP connection to the origin web server, but the origin did not reply with an HTTP response before the connection timed out. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

A workaround I recommend is using a Local Hosts file on the admin’s home computer so they go direct to server without the 100 second timeout limit.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.