522 Issue/Error

Hello,

First time poster, so plese forgive anything i have forgotten. I woke up this morning to see a 522 error with our website/app. We have’t changed any cloudflare settings in the last 2-3 months and haven’t ever had this issue.

I seem to be able to bypass the issue, if i change the status of said domain from proxied to DNS only. I noticed that even with the DNS only setting, if SSL is set to strict it wouldn’t work (this has worked in the past however), once i change it to Full, it works no problem. Again if i then change the status from dns only to proxied it stops working. I checked and the SSL certifcate we’ve been using (godaddy) isn’t due to expire for a whole year.

I’m happy to provide more information, but this has me a little stumped.

Thanks
Sam

The domain is getfrich.com and the URL i’m having issues with is api.getfrich.com

A 522 error typically happens when Cloudflare requests to the origin (your webserver) get blocked. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I checked through this document and there isn’t anythng in here that has solved our issue. This server is publically accessible, and has access for 80/443. As such all traffic from anywhere would be able to hit our server.

I can seem to sort the issue when i change the dns proxying, from proxied to dns only. However this increases the risk profile by lessening security. As this was working for the past 6 months and only stopped working now, I am unsure as to what would of happened. However if i end up proxying just that single url (it is a subdoman) it ends up causing a 522 across the whole domain which I can’t really understand how/why ths would happen.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.