522 connection time out for CNAME pointing to pages

Hello, I added my CNAME record for my pages site for both @ and www, and they’re coming back 522. I’ve issues ever since yesterday’s technical outages. I got one site to accept www by using custom domains on the page, but I can’t do that to this site. It tells me “That domain is already associated with an existing project. Use a different domain or find the project already using this domain and remove it.”

But even if I delete those records, i still get that message. Hopefully I can get an answer since this is paid plan. I’ll submit a ticket, but right now my site is down, but the pages dot dev link works. Wild.

Thanks,
Heath

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare support, sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulties.

A 522 error happens when a TCP connection to the web server could not be established. This typically happens when Cloudflare requests to the origin (your webserver) get blocked.

Most common causes:

• Cloudflare IP addresses are rate limited or blocked in .htaccess, iptables, or firewalls. Confirm your hosting provider allows Cloudflare IP addresses.
  • An overloaded or offline origin web server drops incoming requests.
  • KeepalivesOpen external link are disabled at the origin web server.
  • The origin IP address in your Cloudflare DNS app does not match the IP address currently provisioned to your origin web server by your hosting provider.
  • Packets were dropped at your origin web server.

I searched on our ticketing system, but was not able to locate an open ticket number with your email address.
Perhaps you can register one and share the ticket number here so we can investigate further?

I hope this information was useful, let us know if we can further assist you in this matter.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.