520 error when updating woocommerce products

Hi there,

When I update existing products on my woo commerce site it crashes and sends a 520 error.

I got some logs from my hosting but there is only some unrelated 531 errors which i can explain.

I am up to troubleshooting with curl and i get:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.kiwiquads.co.nz
User-Agent: curl/8.4.0
Accept: /

< HTTP/1.1 302 Found
< Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 10:08:51 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< Location: https://www.kiwiquads.co.nz/
< CF-Ray: 8643770298705089-AKL
< CF-Cache-Status: MISS
< Cache-Control: max-age=14400
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< cf-apo-via: origin,resnok
< Report-To: {“endpoints”:[{“url”:“https://a.nel.cloudflare.com/report/v4?s=Z2ZiyxpQ9%2BcHTYcxUMU8GLvk808GDvok8rr63K8RN%2FGfwNSfmYLk%2BubxtiW1%2FYtyPdWj0RxJGtp6tbIm1Eht%2BWrA5Mby9WzqVfjKSnBCee0O%2BSXpfSeTEbQQ162VGG8Zrlf5b8w%3D”}],“group”:“cf-nel”,“max_age”:604800}
< NEL: {“success_fraction”:0,“report_to”:“cf-nel”,“max_age”:604800}
< Server: cloudflare
<
{ [165 bytes data]

• Failure writing output to destination
  • Failed reading the chunked-encoded stream
  • Closing connection

What else can i do?

1 Like

Hi There,

Ive done some more testing and this literally only happens when pressing Update or Publish button inside a product.

If I edit within the quick-edit menu in the grid there is no issues.

Can anyone help with this - there are no errors on our side so im guessing its a cloudflare issue?

How do i reach cloudflare support? Im a paying customer and all i can find are web guides which say the same thing. I need some actual help here.

For clarity when I disable cloudflare there is NO issues.

If i use developer mode there IS issues.

Hello,

Sorry to hear your having some trouble with 520’s. These are errors that indicate we got a unexpected response from the origin? Do you have a screenshot showing where the error was thrown? As that will help us track it down at a glance to see if it is the origin or us. Common causes we see of this is when a origin resets the connection or denies the connection as it is being processed.

Can you please take a look at these items below.

So we can assist further. I would recommend collecting a HAR file of the issue when it is present. Then showing your hosting provider the times tamp, so they can match the timestamp of the 520 error to see why the connection is being reset or blocked.