520 error in ONLY specific uri

Hello. This is my first time to write

Hello. This is my first time to write cloudflare community.

I’m very confused right now.

When I try to connect to a specific address on a domain, I get a 520 error. Other users are able to connect, but only I am experiencing this phenomenon. I’ve tried turning my computer off and on, emptying the web cache, but it doesn’t work. Take the Cloudflare Community as an example, in the categories, new and latest are connected, but when I press the unread button, 520 pops up. It’s the same if you connect with a URI. The reason it’s problematic is that I’m a site administrator.

What should I do…

I was in a good position for 2 months, and then suddenly this happened today. When you turn on the computer, it connects for a while, and then it starts to stop working. This is what happens when you use Micro Edge, and Chrome and mobile connect well…

Addition information is here

Cloudflare Ray ID: 84c9a7594fe9c099

If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare’s cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). [Additional troubleshooting resources].

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues you are facing.

It sounds like you have a reproducible way of generating the 520 each time - just to make sure I fully understand, is this happening on a site you own or other sites (eg. Cloudflare community) - I’m not sure if you using the community as an example of whats happening on your site?

If this is happening on your site you own, and you are able to generate it via a browser. If you follow these steps.

1. Open up your browser developer tools
  2. Go to the ‘Network’
  3. Refresh the page, so you see the 520 error.
  4. Right click on the 520 error and go to ‘copy > copy as curl’
  5. You can then run paste this curl into your command line

So you should see a request looking something like this

curl https://example.com/' \ -H 'authority: example.com \ -H 'accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.7' \ -H 'accept-language: en-US,en;q=0.9,pl;q=0.8' \ -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \ -H 'cookie: _ga=GA1.3.183278" -H 'dnt: 1' \ -H 'pragma: no-cache' \ -H 'referer: https://example.com/' \ -H 'sec-ch-ua: "Not_A Brand";v="8", "Chromium";v="120", "Google Chrome";v="120"' \ -H 'sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0' \ -H 'sec-ch-ua-platform: "macOS"' \ -H 'sec-fetch-dest: document' \ -H 'sec-fetch-mode: navigate' \ -H 'sec-fetch-site: same-origin' \ -H 'sec-fetch-user: ?1' \ -H 'upgrade-insecure-requests: 1' \ -H 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36' \ --compressed

Add this to the end of your curl command

–connect-to ::<IP address>

Replacing the <IP address> - with the IP of your web server - you should be able to make the request going directly to your origin server to see what it is responding with, and this may help lead you to understanding what’s causing the 520 error.

A 520 means there is an unexpected response coming from the origin server, so you may see some sort of error (eg. an empty response being returned, or header size that exceeds our limits.

If you running windows, you may need to download a version of curl, otherwise it should come preinstalled with linux/macOS

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.