508 errors

nameserver

My Client has some sites with namecheap but the servers I gather are with cloudfare. Has anything changed in the last couple of weeks? Since I upgraded his sites to the latest codeigitor his sites have been giving 508 errors and we are puzzled as to why it has just stared happening

0 Likes

This error comes straight from the origin

0 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was you or namecheap taht I needed to ask. CPU I thinks is the problem

0 Likes

Confused by that article. Isnt 508 “loop detected”?

0 Likes

Long, long ago, on a Planet called RFC5842… :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

Arent we still on planet RFC 2616 :wink:

508 still seems to be defined as “loop detected” though, so I am not sure what Cloudflare based that article on.

0 Likes

It isn’t looping - just trying to load some images. If you refresh the ones that don’t load they then show up. namecheap said to upgrade which the owner doesn’t want to do. It just seems that that it should have just started happening when it used to be ok.

0 Likes

The error would indicate a looping issue. What is the URL?

1 Like

The 508 error was first ratified as a HTTP code in RFC5842, but known as HTTP Error code ‘508 – Loop Detected’ in 2010.

Confusing, confusing :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Presumably, the closest code that Cloudlinux could find in the IANA HTTP codes that would match LVE detecting that a website was using all of it’s resources was the ‘508’ code that had been recently introduced. This became the code that Cloudlinux would use when resource usage was exceeding the limits imposed by LVE and from 2010 on-wards, shared hosting servers became a lot more stable, albeit at the cost of individual websites with high resource usage.

So basically CloudLinux is misusing 508.

Thanks for digging out the link :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

Yes. Even though that this is usually M’Soft’s part :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

Definitely confusing. It does appear to a resource problem but why it has only just started is the puzzle.

0 Likes

You need to clarify this with your host.

0 Likes

closed #14

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes