504 error - cloudflare is host

Our site is hosted on Cloudflare. I had a 504 error on a browser when trying to open the site - it doesn’t open. Went to Cloudflare and was able to troubleshoot to this point - however, I am not a DEV (can’t get a hold of ours) and am lost as to what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

[Cloudflare Gateway] may present an HTTP 504 response code when a website publishes an AAAA (IPv6) DNS record but does not respond over IPv6.

This issue is caused by a misconfiguration on the origin you are trying to reach.
We are working on adding Happy Eyeballs support to Gateway, which will automatically fallback to IPv4 if IPv6 fails.

In the meantime, you can either add the domain to your split tunnel configuration or create a Gateway DNS policy to block the query record type AAAA for the specific domain.

What is your domain and server address (your DNS record for the domain)?

Are you sure that your site is hosted by Cloudflare and not just using Cloudflare as a proxy?

Here you go:

perfectpicturelights.com

aiden.ns.cloudflare.com
chan.ns.cloudflare.com

Can you change the DNS record to DNS-Only or share the address you have for that record?
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

By address do you mean: 68.183.25.235 ??

Yes, correct.

When I bypass Cloudflare and connect directly to your server, I still see the 504 error, so you will have to find the error with the hosting provider, which is Digital Ocean.

curl -svo /dev/null https://perfectpicturelights.com --connect-to ::68.183.25.235
* Connecting to hostname: 68.183.25.235
*   Trying 68.183.25.235:443...
* Connected to (nil) (68.183.25.235) port 443 (#0)

* Server certificate:
*  subject: CN=perfectpicturelights.com
*  start date: Apr 18 18:43:13 2024 GMT
*  expire date: Jul 17 18:43:12 2024 GMT
*  subjectAltName: host "perfectpicturelights.com" matched cert's "perfectpicturelights.com"
*  issuer: C=US; O=Let's Encrypt; CN=R3
*  SSL certificate verify ok.

> GET / HTTP/2
> Host: perfectpicturelights.com
> user-agent: curl/7.81.0
> accept: */*
>

< HTTP/2 504
< server: nginx
< date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:30:15 GMT
< content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
< content-length: 160
<
{ [160 bytes data]
* Connection #0 to host (nil) left intact

Thank you for your help. Without speaking to my DEV I’m a fish out of water.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.