503 error when trying to run Cloudflare speed test

I’m getting the following error when trying to run through Cloudflare speed test

nickywaites.com returned status code 503.

Make sure hostname fetches successfully to proceed with speed analysis.

The site is running on a Azure App Service and I’m unsure what could be causing the above error.

Thanks

I am not sure if this is the issue, but according to https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431/#503error 503 error would be for “service temporarily unavailable”.

According to the doc first think seems to be to check to make sure you are not being blocked by azure or your app security by some sort of rate limiting…

Error 503: service temporarily unavailable

HTTP error 503 occurs when your origin web server is overloaded. There are two possible causes discernible by error message:

• Error doesn’t contain “Cloudflare” or “Cloudflare-nginx” in the HTML response body.

Resolution : Contact your hosting provider to verify if they rate limit requests to your origin web server.

• Error contains “Cloudflare” or “Cloudflare-nginx” in the HTML response body.

Resolution : A connectivity issue occured in a Cloudflare data center. Provide Cloudflare support with the following information:

1. Your domain name
  2. The time and timezone of the 503 error occurrence
  3. The output of www.example.com/cdn-cgi/trace from the browser where the 503 error was observed (replace www.example.com with your actual domain and host name)

Thanks Israel1, I’ll take a look into these options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.