503 error after changing DNS servers to Cloudflare

Hi, I got a 503 error right after changing the DNS servers to Clouflare. My site went down immediately after that. Is it normal? Should I just wait for a day or is there something that I need to do?

Is your website working with HTTPS previously?

What is your SSL encryption mode?

What’s your domain?

1 Like

Thank you for the response. My site had a SSL certificate, but it wasn’t uploaded to Cloudflare yet. I did check the option ‘full encryption mode’, but I changed it back to 'flexible after a minute. I’m worried that the problem might be there.

My domain name is www.maniperk.com

My recent DNS server provider tells me that maybe servers need some time to respond, so perhaps I should just wait. Yet, Cloudfare gives me the message ‘Great news! Cloudflare is now protecting your site’, and ‘active’ under domain name, so I assume that the change has taken place.

Is the Universal SSL active on Cloudflare? I’m getting ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH from my side.

You cannot upload the SLL certificate under a free plan, so it is not. However, it has been activated by my regular server provider.

I assume the error is due to the fact that I checked ‘full encryption’ for a minute. Now it is back to the flexible mode. Is there a way get out of this situation?

I am referring to this, you don’t even need to upload an SSL certificate

Right, it says ‘pending validation’. My SSL certificate was validated a few days ago. Am I now waiting for Cloudfare to confirm the validation?

Can you check whether the validation method is TXT after you expand the certificate information?

If you see TXT, the validation should happen instantly.

If you see TXT but it’s still showing Pending Validation, you might need to contact support to sort that out.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

It does say TXT. Thank you so much, I will do exactly that. I will share my ticket number as soon as I get it.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thank you, the site is working now. There was an issue with the SSL certificate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.