502 error for well over 12 hours

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place,

My website - www.wecaneven.com

I got up this morning to a few emails from Cloudflare to say my website
has been offline for an hour. I went to work and come back and it is still offline. Every time i visit the site I’ve got the always online page but generally shows a 502 error.

I’ve tried logging into the FTP for the website and is only showing an empty HTdocs folder. Over the past few months, I’ve have noticed several attempted logins for the backend of Wordpress so I’ve strengthened my password and also added a captcha to the login.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciate.

That’s certainly not good. Have you asked your host about this?

Yes, after stumbling around and denying being able to help me, they then said they had fixed it (cloudflare always on) they then said it’s still offline but had a permission error and that’s why i cannot see anything in the FTP

Just to isolate the issue, I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.