403 on Cloudflare Pages site with Page Rule

We’ve set up a Cloudflare Pages site and we’re having a issue with a page rule causing 403 responses.

The pages site works great, but when I set up a Page rule to redirect non w ww to w ww I started seeing temporary 403 errors where the 403 page says “403 Cloudflare”.

The 403 seems to occur directly after any type of change happen in Cloudflare. Such as changing config, deploying the pages site or inactivating and activating the page rule. The 403 stops after a couple of minutes and the redirect kicks in again.

This only occurs on the non www domain so it feels like it has something to do with the page rule.

Tried to put the summary of the page rule here but I’m not allowed to post links it seems.

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be here?

Hey,

That sounds odd, could you do 2 things for me

1. Please take a screenshot of the 403 page you see
  2. Try and grab a HAR of the request (See here for generating one: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203118044-Gathering-information-for-troubleshooting-sites#h_8c9c815c-0933-49c0-ac00-b700700efce7) and provide it for me please (feel free to shoot it to me over email [email protected])

1 Like

I’ve sent the HAR and screenshot to your email, thanks for taking a look at it!