403 on a default apche when no .htaccess

OK I have set up everything how the tut’s say I set up the main cart and key and the origin cart this all went well but no matter what I did I was getting 403 when I enabled the SSL between me and cloud, so there is no htaccess rules anywhere but without .htaccess with Options All it wont work, can anyone explain to me why.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName SITENAME
DocumentRoot “ROOT”
<Directory “ROOT”>
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require all granted

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName SITENAKME
DocumentRoot “ROOT”
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile “KEYROOM/ROOT/SITENAME.cert”
SSLCertificateKeyFile “KEYROOM/ROOT/SITENAME.key”
SSLCertificateChainFile “KEYROOM/ROOT/SITENAME.crt”

So why do I have to have the .htaccess file when it’s not used for anything but this, is there another fix I need to do?

Or is this a option I have to deal with?

Sorry I was mistaken it seemed to have gone back to the default flex rather then full when I have it on full I get a 403 and can’t seem to find out why.

I have been reading this could be down the the fact Apache and multi ssl certs as I run a few sites for me and a few others, like my wife runs her own site and we set up her ssl and it’s enabled I believe full and it’s working but mine and a friends sites are not working, since many servers offer ssl to mutli domains and ip’s how do I enable this for Apache?

Update: I enabled it for the wife’s second domain she had on her account and it broke every single one and my error logs said the top ssl root was the root for ever domain, so yes I think this could be my problem but not sure how to fix it.

This was my fix, I made sure the vhosts for the https also included the same access so the htaccess file wasn’t needed BUT this didn’t fix it, this only stopped the need for a single ssl file needing the htaccess file like I asked at the start.

I had also tell Apache to use the namespace rather then the IP address, reason I needed this rather then adding the IP to vhost was my IP changes ever so often it’s static 80% of the time but it can change and this would kill a few websites using the ssl to fix this I had to use

NameVirtualHost *:443

I hope this helps a few people.