301 redirects not working

Hi there. I’m trying to create 301 redirects with a page rule to redirect blog post URLs of posts that were on a Wordpress site but which are now on a Kajabi site. I can’t figure out why the 301 redirect isn’t working for the first blog post URL I’m trying to get working. I have 55 of these to do but want to get the first one working.

Here’s a screenshot of a 301 redirect I’m trying to get working:

I’ve also tried this:

I’m trying to get this url: https://thevocaliststudio.com/vocal-inhaler-sing-better-now/

To redirect to this url:

And I have 55 blog posts to do this for. All of the new blog post urls have the /blog in the url, and I can’t remove that, hence the need for 301’s.

If there’s a way to get all the blog posts to redirect to the slightly different blog post urls on the new site, which all have /blog as part of the url, with one page rule, that would be amazing. I don’t know how to create a page rule like that with the correct variables/wildcards if it’s possible.

And I can’t even get one simple 301 to work for one blog post, so there’s that. Haha.

I pointed the url to cloudflare yesterday, so we’re still within the 48 hour window of possible propagation time.

The naked url is proxied also:

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance if you have any advice.

Cheers,
Forest

Your first two rules do the same thing, and work for me. If you leave the scheme off, it will apply to both HTTP and HTTPS.

The third rule won’t trigger because the first two rules already match that one (non-www).

Thank you so much! We were having some trouble untangling some old dns settings that came along for the ride yesterday, which is why we tried adding in that second rule, but from what you said, I can see the second rule isn’t necessary.

The first one needs to be there to get the url working properly on Kajabi, so I can’t change that.

I understand why the 3rd rule isn’t working, based on what you said, but that leaves me with the bigger question: how can I create 301 redirects for the old blog post urls so that the old urls bring people to the same blog post but on the new site with the slightly different url?

I’ve done this before for other Kajabi sites…created a handful of 301 redirects for old blog posts, and it worked fine. I’m not sure what’s different with this site though.

Thank you in advance for any advice. You seem to help a lot of people out in here, which is amazing. Thank you!

1 Like

I got the 301’s to work. They need to be on top of the other rules.

The problem I’m having now is that the 301’s don’t work when there’s a trailing slash on the original url that I’m trying to redirect…and I have a feeling that that’s how those blog post urls are linked to across the web…with a trailing slash.

Is there a wildcard I can use so that if someone clicks on a url with a trailing slash that they’ll land on the url I want to redirect them to, which has a slightly different structure to it?

Here’s a 301 that’s working…without the trailing slash for the first url. If you add a trailing slash to that url and try it, it’ll throw a 404. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks heaps if anyone has any ideas.

nevermind. I figured it out.

it’s a /* at the end of the first url and a $1 at the end of the second url. That seems to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.