2019/12/6 Workers Runtime Release Notes

Runtime release notes covering the past few weeks:

• Increased total per-request Cache.put() limit to 5GiB.
  • Increased individual Cache.put() limits to the lesser of 5GiB or the zone’s normal cache limits (https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172516-Understanding-Cloudflare-s-CDN).
  • Added a helpful error message explaining AES decryption failures.
  • Some overload errors were erroneously being reported as daemonDown (1105) errors. They have been changed to exceededCpu (1102) errors, which better describes their cause.
  • More “internal errors” were converted to useful user-facing errors.
  • Stability improvements and bug fixes.
4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Hey @harris,

Great to hear! What are the normal per zone cache sizes? I don’t see references to that in the support document. There Are the limits for uploads, but nothing else.

I may have missed those, but as far as I knew there were no (publicly available) limits.

1 Like

Hi @matteo, the information is in a sidebar in “Understand Cloudflare’s default cache behavior”.

The maximum file size Cloudflare’s CDN caches is 512MB for Free, Pro, and Business customers and 5GB for Enterprise customers. Enterprise customers can contact their Cloudflare Account Team to request caching of larger files.

Ohhh that is the per file limit. I thought you were talking about the total per zone limit, as the sum of all files cached. Got it, thanks!