2 or 3 errors on my site?

Heres a screenshot

THat is when it is down

THe other times it is VERY slow like timeout.

I always take host comments with a grain of salt. There could be an issue, but they rarely want to take the time to investigate.

The 504 errors are caused by a problem connecting to an upstream server - meaning your server is trying to initiate a process and this fails to work as expected or times out. In most cases of 504 errors, back-end servers are not communicating correctly. When this happens, you will see color page with Cloudflare branding and the Error 504 Gateway Timeout. Review this Community Tip for fixing 502 or 504 gateway errors.

2 Likes

Hello

I had cloudflare on my server before, but I took it down out of worry that my developer said cloudflare “breaks sites”
it was working perfectly before this

now i Put it back on with new config and I get the problems I described

Is it a problem with my certificate when I use FULL STRICT?

That wouldn’t explain why it’s intermittent. But you can certainly Pause Cloudflare (from the Overview settings page for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com, lower right corner) and give it five minutes to take effect. Then check that the site is working properly with HTTPS. Then make sure your settings here are Full (Strict) before un-pausing Cloudflare.

Hello

I have paused it and will try throughouth the day

I am guessing it is when I enable cloudflare that it does this.

DId you see the 2 errors I sent you in the original msg? Are those relevant to this issue?

God i hate text! :smiley:

Thx

Yes.

No.

would a problem with the certificate cause slowdowns or related?
I guess if the cert didnt work the website wouldnt load at all right?

You did mention something about a proper certificate. Is there something wrong with the one your host gave you?

1 Like

hello

on the 2nd time putting my site on cloudflare ANEW… I dont know if I had to reinstall some kind of certificate? :smiley:

Again, this is a new Cloudflare initialization.

the old certificate COULD be still on the host provider of mine

Shoudl I go back into Cpanel and try to reinstall the same certificate?

I doubt that’s the issue. Cloudflare would show a 525 or 526 error if there was a certificate issue.

1 Like

Hello

It is happening on my site again

It is just having a spinning load sign on my browser when trying to load my site

eventually it does come up but it takes 20 seconds or longer

sometimes it doesn’t come up but gives the error in the screenshot i sent you

Thanks for your help! Cloudflare is cool

Is this only happening during an admin task?

You might also want to keep your browser’s Dev Tools open (F12 in Chrome) to see if you can catch what request is triggering it.

COuld this be causing it?

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://my domain.com/media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Error with Permissions-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: ‘interest-cohort’.
jquery-migrate.min.js?8037475bfa99d9c9d7ad5479d8dd022b:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://mysite.com/media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
invisible.js:1 [Deprecation] ‘window.webkitStorageInfo’ is deprecated. Please use ‘navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage’ or ‘navigator.webkitPersistentStorage’ instead.

It seems to me more like a warning as far as .map file for JS resource isn’t found at the server, while it’s being called (usually) at the ending lines of the JS resource.

1. Either ignore it
  2. Check your JS files and remove that line calling .map file
  3. Upload missing .map files

Library should be updated soon.

Otherwise, Storage permission is being disabled or restricted for one, or all websites, either due to the Web browser privacy settings.

Are you running any Web browser extension which might block loading and using this JS resource (script) like Adblock, AdGuard, etc.?

Joomla?

1 Like

404 Not Found ( RFC7231 )

Origin server was unable or unwilling to find the resource requested. This usually means the host server could not find the resource. To serve a more permanent version of this error one should use a 410 error code.

These errors typically occur when someone mistypes a URL on your site when there is a broken link from another page, when a page that previously existed is moved or removed, or there is an error when a search engine indexes your site. For a typical site, these errors account for approximately 3% of the total page views, but they’re often untracked by traditional analytics platforms like Google Analytics.

Website owners usually implement a custom page to be served when this error is generated.

Cloudflare does not generate 404s for customer websites, we only proxy the request from the origin server. When seeing a 404 for your Cloudflare powered site you should contact your hosting provider for help.

The errors I posted have 404 error codes somewhere? :slight_smile:

Yeah, and I’m giving you the solution off of https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003014512-4xx-Client-Error#code_404

Hello
here is another error code i got this morning
is it the same one?

Error 524

Ray ID: 6ce070a8384d713c • 2022-01-15 16:23:36 UTC

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.