2 Factor Authentication Disabling

What do I need to say to support in the email to get them to disable 2 factor authentication on a account. I have gotten so much garbage back when I say please disable it. Screen shots, DNS info about doing dns, error code, and har files. What language is spoken at Cloudlfare so I can write it in the language as English is not the language support speaks.

I understand international, just please help me to give a language support speaks as not english.

Thank you.

Hi @languagehelp,
Sorry for the issue you are facing, I guess you are locked out of your account and so can’t disable it yourself? If not then you can disable it on your /profile/authentication page.

If you are locked out then unfortunately there is nothing that the community can do, you will have to explain the situation to support and give information to prove who you are.

If you need to contact Cloudflare Support to recover access to your account, include as much of this information as possible:

• The list of domains (1 or more) in your account
  • The IP address(es) for the web server(s) associated with each those domain(s) (1 or more)
  • Who your hosting provider is for each of those domain(s) (1 or more)
  • What your original name servers were for each of those domain(s) (1 or more)
  • For Authy, the phone number you used to activate Authy on your Cloudflare account

https://community.Cloudflare.com/t/community-tip-best-practices-for-setting-up-and-using-two-factor-authentication/44270

I even sent the answers to what you posted in an email to Cloudflare support, and same stupid stuff. I am going to leave Cloudflare alone.

Thank you.

Sorry for the issues, what do you mean by

Also, if you post the ticket number here, one of the mods may be able to have a look.

The entire point of two-factor authentication is that it isn’t trivially bypassed with a social engineering attack.

Any provider that makes it easy is just wasting your time entering codes as reset schemes are usually the weakest link.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.