1020 on Open Web Analytics (OWA) - many domains

Hi everyone,

we deployed an OpenWebAnalytics server, and connected all our domains. Our customers have accesses …
First week, all was going smooth. But I just fell off my chair today, because 3 domains are banned by the CF firewall, giving me blank data on stat server !
I just opened a Firewall rule on each one to allow my server’s IP.

Any solved cases ? Any ideas ?
EMERGENCY !

Thx

Greetings,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with Error 1020.

No, they are not banned.

May I ask if this error you got when visiting your own website or someone else’s?

Maybe using :search: could help regarding your issue?

If you get this error while visiting someone else’s website, I am afraid you cannot do anything. You can try to access it using a VPN or over a TOR, but I do not guarantee because it could also be blocked and restricted.

Obviously the website owner is using Cloudflare and security options available to him to protect his website.

Maybe you have had some bad requests, or the owner decided to deny the requests comming from your country, etc.

The site can block for any number of reason, that’s up to them and not something this Community nor Cloudflare can do anything about.

Helpful articles which contain useful information articles about 1020 Access Denied error page can be found below:

I am unaware how this web app works, but I’d suggest you to kindly re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:

Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:

If you got 1020 error, you should see blocked requests/events when you navigate to the Firewall tab → Overview for each of your domain names at Cloudflare dashboard.

Therefore, check for “service” to see what blocked your request.

These are my websites. Visitors are not banned, but my OWA server show more and more blank lines.
I have 13 websites on this just account, and other CF accounts where I plan to connect more and more of our managed domains.
Why is OWA server banned ? What’s the port ? What’s the rule ? My firewall rules for these websites are nothing. I also allowed my stats server’s IP, in a new rule today, and I also deactivated BOTS protection.
Else I’ll have to leave because this could not be tolerated.

Some domains it’s a mess, others are blank with the same problem…

May I ask if you tried to disable Rocket Loader option at Cloudflare dashboard? :thinking:

Have you checked your directory permissions and group/owner?:

Have you checked your access and error log files at your origin host/server?

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

If these are your websites and you experience 1020, you have to check Firewall tab to troubleshoot and find any clue why it happens.

Are you blocking some countries?

Can you share a screenshot of your Firewall Rules?

Are all the domains on the Free plan or?

I am not familiar with this service, therefore I believe it’s not banned.

Which one is the web app using?

Thx, appreciate,

my CF Firewalls are (almost) OFF
and here are nor rules anymore; the only rule I set this morning was like " Country#france=> deny ", but not on every domain.
My OWA server is in France. Rocket Loader = never activated.
OWA Ports: 80 and 443
I don’t see CF IPs in my UFW log. And I’m more likely thinking I’m not the one who’s prohibiting something to happen

And by the way, you look just like me :slight_smile:

Kindly, may I ask you to share your domain name and/or the URL with which you are experiencing 1020 error so I could try to access and provide feedback to you about it? :thinking:

May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

secu.host
nouvelle-etoile.fr

for starters !

All three, no issue and no error.

I am afraid you’ve blocked your own IP address using Firewall Rule / IP Access Rules? :thinking:

Again, check Firewall Events → Firewall tab → Overview and look for action “Block” and “service”. It should state what service did blocked your request(s) if so.

Yeah I know, sites work just fine, but I need so bad my stats !

eg : nouvelle-etoile.fr > since I done that, 3 pages of block : Japan, USA, China
Nothing else - no rules - no funny functions - n0thing

Do you think a rule like this would be enough ?
IP => 123.123.123.123 => allow
with my OWA server’s IP ?

May I ask, have you determined if your server request being blocked (server IP), or rather your own IP address when you try to access particular URL which throws you 1020 Error? :thinking:

Add to the Firewall → Tools → IP Access Rules, select “allow”.

I made the rule 3 hours ago, seems to be ineffective for now.
Request or IP, I could not know, the OWA interface interacts his way, and there’s no support.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.