1020 error on my site

Hello there,
I had to install a plugin to update my theme in wordpress. When I clicked Add new an error 1020 popped up. How can I fix that?
Please understand that I am no pro… so please in understandable language… :slight_smile:

A 1020 means you ran into a firewall rule. Check your firewall event log for your request to find out which rule fired. Then you can adjust that.

1 Like

Thanks Sandro,

So, I found that, what now? Where do I look for to fix it?

What did it say there? Which firewall rule is it? You’d need to adjust that so that it does not fire for your request.

Post a screenshot of the log entry.

There is a lot… Is this pic ok?

That is a custom rule and I am not sure why you set that up but you will need to adjust that so that it does not block you any longer.

You are fast!! ok, how do I fix that?

By adjusting it :slight_smile:

Again, you set that up and I can’t tell why you did it, but that rule seems to block your requests.

Maybe disable it for now, if you are not sure why it is there.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

My pleasure. Just keep in mind that it now won’t block any other requests either, that it possibly was supposed to block before.

Again, I can’t comment on why you configured it but it seems it’s blocking requests to certain paths and which are not originating from Croatia. Maybe that rings a bell.

If you don’t need that block, you should be fine now. Otherwise, maybe tweak it further. Just an idea :slight_smile:

Do you think its blocking visitors from seeing my site? A friend that I met here on community advised me to do so.

If you disabled the rule it certainly won’t block anyone. The question really is why you configured it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.