1020 error on multiple websites since 27.08.22, in Russia

Hello.
Since 27.08.22 I noticed I can’t get access to Teepublic . Since I’m from Russia, I assumed what Teepublic admins blocked access from Russia, so I checked with VPN and it worked.
But after this, multiple different websites started giving me error 1020 page, and it felt like a weird coincidence, and a few hours ago I found out what I receive same error on small website “bardmusicplayer” . I contacted admins of this website on Discord and they said it’s because of “some technical issues”.
Does it mean what problems with access to Cloudflare websites from Russia are happening because of some technical issues?

Error 1020 means that the site owners have denied you access to their site. They could have firewall rules that block Russia, and you would see that message.

The only way you will get answers as to why you were blocked is by contacting site owners.

2 Likes

I contacted admins of “bardmusicplayer” website on Discord and they said it’s because of “some technical issues”. With this in mind, can I assume that other site owners have problems as well?

The technical issue could be that they have Russia blocked or some other firewall rule that denied you access.

That’s obviously not the reason. How did several websites simultaneously decide to block access from Russia?

I’d say rather the same ISPs by the ASN due to some kind of a recent strange behaviour or worry about some other event :thinking:

If you get this error while visiting someone else’s website, I am afraid you cannot do anything. You can try to access it using a VPN or over a TOR, but I do not guarantee because it could also be blocked and restricted.

Obviously the website owner is using Cloudflare and security options available to him to protect his website.

Maybe you have had some bad requests, or the owner decided to deny the requests comming from your country, etc.

Only the owner of the site you’re visiting can tell you why you are unable to access the site. Contacting Support or posting here will not result in an answer.

In that case, I think you are out of luck. Neither the Community nor Cloudflare Customer Support can do anything to alter the settings created by the site owner. It’s their site and they determine what traffic they allow or don’t allow, sorry for the issue but we cannot alter the results.

The site can block for any number of reason, that’s up to them and not something this Community nor Cloudflare can do anything about.

Yeah, yeah, this “event” is going for 6 months, but suddenly bunch of different websites woke up. Not a very convincing excuse

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.