1016 Error but records look correct

Hi there. I have a test website up and have set the domain settings as per Screenshot by Lightshot

I keep getting this error 1016. Screenshot by Lightshot

A bit of History. I had the site on Siteground and it was using Clouflare CDN on there. It was set up through SG instructions and all worked well. I moved to cloudways and moved the DNS to Cloudflare. Cloudways support say I have everything set up correctly so would there be anything residual from Siteground that is causing this.

The site works fine with https://domain.com but I get the 1016 error when I use https://www.domain.com

Thanks in advance

Did you disconnect your Cloudflare integration at Siteground before you left?

No, i didn’t but I deleted the whole site off siteground. That’s why i thought there may be some setting i am missing. I know it was stupid but didn’t think of it at the time. Lesson learned the hard way :frowning:

1 Like

Just an update. I have the IP address of the site when it was on Siteground and connected to Cloudflare CDN. Does this help with a solution? Thanks Gaz

I don’t think that’s the issue. I suspect that once you have :orange: Proxied that entry, it goes back to Siteground’s setting. If you toggle it back to :grey:, does the site work? (remember it takes 5 minutes for a DNS change to take effect)

Thanks sdyman, thanks for sticking with me, you’re a legend :slight_smile:
I did grey them out last nigh and it did something because now the 1016 error is gone but i get

This site can’t be reached

www.doman.com ’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE

I have cleared cache etc on browsers. and tried different types and so on

Are those DNS records CNAMEs?

Two are: See atached: Screenshot by Lightshot Thanks again.

These are the only settings i have. Aside from the name servers pointing to cloudflare.

OK, I can’t resolve this so let’s go off-topic. I want to pay for the pro plan and be able to submit a ticket. This has to be the old connection to Cloudflare. Now another problem. I have spent hours and can’t figure out how I actually upgrade from the free plan to the pro plan. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? Thank you

You don’t need a Pro Plan to submit a ticket. Just email them from your account’s email address.

support AT cloudflare DOT com

And then post the ticket # here.

OK, thanks and if i don’t see you again thanks so much for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @gazdog490!

Can you try editing your www CNAME to point to the root? You can just add a @ in the target field for the CNAME www which will send the request over to your root domain.

Let me know if that works!

1 Like

Worked like a charm bias. Thank you very much. If I wasn’t locked in my house I would fly around the World and buy you a beer :slight_smile: Thanks again.

1 Like

My pleasure, @gazdog490!

Glad to read that the issue has been resolved. Do not hesitate to reach out of you need further assistance!

Cheers,