1014 error and ssl in 5 domains

Hello

I have a serious problem with cache (and ssl) always giving error 1014.
I’ve cleaned everything inside all domains (these 5 and others domains).
And in these 5 domains I even deleted them from Cloudflare for the cache to disappear but, after, it is active cache.

I know the mean of error 1014. These 4 domains have had some time in “cname flattering” and oher with IP.

And getting out of this situation (error 1014 or ssl error) it´s impossible and the cache remains and gives always error 1014 or ssl error.

This means that until the Cloudflare cache (in the root) is not cleared for these 5 domains (and I can’t do that) the error 1014 or ssl certificate problem will always happen.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I need a full cache cleanup (reset) of these 5 domains.

This information is very important: this only happened when the 5 domains were transferred from Registrar Cloudflare to another Cloudflare (cheaper), but always keeping the DNS on Cloudflare servers. Very strange for this to happen. While they were at Registrar Cloudflare everything worked but then the DNS collapsed with errors and more errors.

Ticket support number 2303721.

Thanks

I’m not sure what that means because Cloudflare Registrar should be the same price for every Cloudflare customer.

Then you would know that your CNAME points to another Cloudflare account that is not properly configured to proxy that hostname. The owner of that account would need to fix this.

The domains do not have any Cloudflare records. They are completely empty without any DNS records. And it was done on purpose to check the domains DNS and it was proved that the old cache is active and always appears 1014. I repeat there are no dns records in any of the 5 domains.
Everything happened when the 5 domains were changed to another Registrar. Yes, for another Registrar (SAV.com). Aggravated from one of these domains not use “Cname Flattering” but only IP address.
I asked for support several times and they always send it to the Community. I think the problems are old cache and ssl and will have to be resolved by a Cloudflare technician.
I will be able to send screenshots.
Thanks

@MoreHelp
Ticket support number 2303721

This is disgraceful and highly reprehensible. Now there are 6 domains that have the 1014 error just because they changed their registrar. And with nothing inside, no dns records, you have 1014 error in 6 domains. These 6 domains left Cloudflare Registrar and went to another Registrar (cheaper) but the dns stayed in Cloudflare. What happened was purely this: 1014 error on 6 domains.
Made a ticket, never got a answer.
No technician helped here in the Community and in solving this problem. The problem is with Cloudflare’s cache of domains that change Registrar.
I can indicate the 6 domains.
It looks like what happens is “if you change your Register and continue to use Cloudflare free, you will get error 1014 for life.”
Honestly this is a shame and no one deserved it.
Hope some technician sees the ticket 2303721 (now has one more domain).

Thanks

Can you give an example domain or hostname?

If none of the domains have any DNS records, how are you getting the error?

1 Like

Hello

6 domains:

crocodiledomains.com
zorrodomains.com
lisbonfest.com
lisbonrock.com
storkbooking.com
storktrips.com

All 6 domains changed the registrar (from Cloudflare to other registrar) after expired. After the registrar transfer we (everybody) have error 1014.

All domais don´t have any records inside Cloudflare.

Thanks

Thanks.

For any one of the domains, can you share a screenshot of the complete DNS tab from the Cloudflare Dashboard, including the two Cloudflare Nameservers. Please redact anything sensitive, but it should look like this:

1 Like

Pictures from 6 domains.

Regards
JC

michael via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> escreveu no dia segunda, 22/11/2021 à(s) 23:11:

Thanks JC. Something looks stuck. I’ve escalated and will let you know what I hear back.

Hello

In lisbonfest.com and lisbonrock.com domains we have ssl problems with the certificate and before that we have1014 error.

Regards and thanks

J Couto

michael via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> escreveu no dia segunda, 22/11/2021 à(s) 23:51:

I only checked two of the domains, so didn’t see the TLS error. That may be a related problem, so I’d wait for a resolution to the 1014 problem first.

1 Like

I reopened your ticket @user10324 and added myself and a link to this thread in order to track progress.

1 Like

ok

I will sent to you the emails to/from Michael.

Regards
J Couto

cloonan via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> escreveu no dia terça, 23/11/2021 à(s) 01:05:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@user10324 please stop forwarding emails which have already been added to the conversaion. Access the Community and look at the thread. You are filling the topic with duplicate entries.

2 Likes

For the domains that are returning the error, do you have a CNAME record that is pointing to a domain in a different cloudflare account? Good reference doc here on the process to set that up, https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors#error1014, specifically

To allow CNAME record resolution to a domain in a different Cloudflare account, the domain owner of the CNAME target must contact Cloudflare Support and specify the domains allowed to CNAME to their target domain. Once the owner of the account in question confirms that they are aware of the security risk and notifies the Support team that they are willing to proceed, the engineering team will manually lift the restriction.

I am getting a cipher mismatch on those.

The error “ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"" in Google Chrome prevents access to the site because it detects an issue with creating a valid connection to your site. This may be a temporary issue, and should resolve itself within 24 hours. If not, grey-cloud/deactivate Cloudflare so that the website uses the origin’s SSL certificate, see How do I temporarily deactivate Cloudflare? Activate Cloudflare again in 24 hours and try to access your website to see if the SSL certificate has been successfully deployed.
Other successful troubleshooting suggestions and more details about the error can be found in this Community Tip.

2 Likes

Hello

I read all the articles about the 1014 error.
I have no other cloudflare accounts and no domain registration (and no cnames in or out of cloudflare).
All domains were registered at cloudflare registrar and after that I transferred to another registrar after they expired.
After the transfers ended, all domains (with the same name servers) had error 1014.

Regards

cloonan via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> escreveu no dia terça, 23/11/2021 à(s) 22:33:

1 Like

Some of these predate cloudflare registrar ( crocodiledomains.com), so I do see are cf registrar. Was the one above that started on godaddy moved to cf registrar and then away?

They expired and then were transferred? Or were the registered at a new registrar when they became available?

Hello

Responding to this domain:
1- First registered by Ionos, where it worked very well with CF nameservers;

2-Then transferred to CF Registrar, where it always worked very well with CF nameservers

3-Now transferred to Sav with the same name servers and gives 1014 error;

4- The existing records were the same as crocodile.domains (with IP address) and it always worked very well for 3 years…until it expired and after was transferred to Sav;

5- Theoretically, the domain returning to CF maybe fining again or I have to change the nameservers.

Thanks

cloonan via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> escreveu no dia quarta, 24/11/2021 à(s) 01:46:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.