$1 .XYZ Domain

Hello.

The wholesale registry fee for .XYZ domains that are made up of 6/7/8/9 numbers (such as 123456789.xyz) is $1 / year, including renewals.

CloudFlare currently doesn’t support this feature, and when transferring a .XYZ domain to CloudFlare, it marks the price $8.00.

I hope we can see this feature added to CloudFlare registrar until it’s out of beta.

Would you have some source for that?

• I personally have such domains
1 Like

Out of curiosity, which registrar did you use to register such domains?

NameCheap, but I’m considering moving it to GenXYZ, as CloudFlare doesn’t support it ._.

Or the CloudFlare domain transfer page says that it’s $10 and it always shows that for XYZ domains, but it might actually charge $0.99 for that. But I highly doubt it.

Interesting. I just checked GoDaddy and Uniregistry. GoDaddy was selling it at 99 cents, and Uniregistry showed the same. During checkout, I was shown 99 cents, but after placing the order, I was charged 1.99 USD in total. Unclear why the additional $1, but could be Whois. I have reached out to their customer support for a clarity.

GoDaddy seems to be selling Whois for an even higher value.

I know that Cloudflare offers free Whois for all domains. If they end up offering .xyz, I would move my .xyz to Cloudflare as well, to have all domains in one place.