1 specific DNS seems to be stuck

So, I had an A Record “https://docs.nertivia.net” which i wanted to remove, so i removed it using the DNS management page, Its been like 2 days now and the page is still not removed. What is going on? I also tried re-adding the A record and changing the ip to something else but it still has no effect. Any help

Hi @user12270,

That hostname doesn’t resolve for me locally or on DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool. My guess would be that you have it set in your hosts file or somewhere else locally that is still routing it, as the record doesn’t seem to still be in place.

Oh, interesting. It seems like I cant load the page anymore. Maybe fiddling with it right now made a difference. Thanks for the help though!

No problem, glad it’s sorted for you!

Wait, actually, I can delete the A record for “docs” but when i add it with a different ip, it directs to the old A record. confused.

What do you mean by “directs to the old A record”? Is it when you do a DNS lookup you see a different IP (Cloudflare’s IPs?) or is it showing you a different site to what you expect?

Sorry, I’m not really good at this kind of stuff :sweat_smile:Its taking me to a different site.

No worries, have you recently moved provider for that docs hostname? Next to the DNS record do you have it set to :orange: or :grey:? If it’s :orange:, can you switch it to :grey:, wait 5 minutes and see if you see the right site then?

I changed the host from gitbooks to my own vps. its a total different website. Ill try that thanks

Ah, I have a feeling I know what’s causing this then. Setting it to :grey: should work for now, but in order to get this resolved, you’ll need to follow the steps below:

GitBook also use Cloudflare and can take control of that hostname when you verify it with them. Please contact therm and ask them to remove any Cloudflare configurations for your domain, specifically SSL for SaaS / Custom Hostnames.

If they say they are unable to help you, please email [email protected] with the subject Cannot remove custom host name and details of the issue. Once you’ve done that you’ll receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Please post that here so we can escalate it.

1 Like

ah, i see. I’ll try contacting them. I dont think turning off the proxy will work since i only allow cloudflare ips on my vps or something. Thanks a lot!

Ah, that would make sense and is a good idea.

Yes, get in touch with Gitbook and they should be able to help with this.

1 Like

Seems like gitbook closed my ticket because they are dealing with a lot of tickets or something.

I created a cloudflare ticket: #2314869

That’s not ideal, because Cloudflare will probably do the same. Can you reply to Gitbook and ask them to reopen it at all? I would imagine Cloudflare Support will ask you to go back to them in the ticket.

I have escalated this and we’ll see who is quicker to give in and talk to you, it’s not a great situation to be in as an end user.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried to reopen the gitbook ticket, i dont know if it worked or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.