1.1.1.1 not resolving, 1.0.0.1 seems to work (help)

error

hey, I am new to 1.1.1.1
i just set up the cloudflares setting on my pc and i am experiencing issues with 1.1.1.1. And 1.0.0.1 seems to work. i used the tool and i got this DNS

im not sure what to do, my provider is Sasktel and im in Saskatchewan, Canada. so shouldnt i be listed on YXEIX?

i used GRC’s tool to test dns speeds and 1.1.1.1 cant resolve GRC’s tool webpage

0 Likes

Can you post a traceroute to both and share your local IP configuration please?

‘ipconfig /all’ and ‘route print’ on Windows
‘ifconfig’ or ‘ip a’ and
‘route’ or ‘ip route’ on Linux based systems.

0 Likes

is there any sensitive info if i paste it all? there is allot of info when i use “ipconfig /all” and “route print”. Btw im on windows.

0 Likes

Mainly MAC Addresses a.k.a. Hardware addresses for the ipconfig output. Also IPv6 addresses, can be censored. The internal IPs likely begin with 10.x or 172.16-31.x or 192.168.x and do not uniquely identify you. They also may begin with 1.1 which may explain your issue :slight_smile:

As for traceroute, the first few hops might reveal your ISP and perhaps geographical area. The higher the hop #, the farther the shown router is from you, and serves a larger group of people. If you get asterisks in the very first hops, that’s usually a problem. The traceroute output SHOULD look roughly the same for 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.

0 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes