1.1.1.1 for families additional configuration settings

According to this article from 04/01/2020

it says
“In the coming months, we will provide the ability to define additional configuration settings for 1.1.1.1 for Families.”

But where do I find these settings?
I have a Cloudflare acocunt, but I do not find anything in there relating to this.

1.1.1.1 for Families is easy to set up and install, requiring just changing two numbers in the settings of your home devices or network router: your primary DNS and your secondary DNS. Setting up 1.1.1.1 for Families usually takes less than a minute and we’ve provided instructions for common devices and routers through the installation guide.

1.1.1.1 for Families has two default options: one that blocks malware and the other that blocks malware and adult content. You choose which setting you want depending on which IP address you configure.

Malware Blocking Only
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.2
Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.2

Malware and Adult Content
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.3
Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.3

For IPv6 use:

Malware Blocking Only
Primary DNS: 2606:4700:4700::1112
Secondary DNS: 2606:4700:4700::1002

Malware and Adult Content
Primary DNS: 2606:4700:4700::1113
Secondary DNS: 2606:4700:4700::1003

1 Like

They added support for DoT about a year after the announcement. There are no other configuration options.

If you need/want more granular DNS filtering you can look at Cloudflare for Teams.

I am fully aware how to set it up thanks, that was not my question.

so do you mean they never added the additional configuration mentioned in that article?

CF for teams is way OTT for basic family usage and too complicated for the average parent to understand.

TLS support is additional configuration. If @eastakota had/has something else in mind you could ask him on Twitter I suppose.

Ok, then don’t use that I guess? But that’s the option Cloudflare offers for custom policy for DNS.

Does anyone know the categories involved in the malware blocking (1.1.1.2)?

Using the test category domains, it seems that spyware isn’t blocked as part of malware blocking - would have assumed this would of been blocked?

That doesn’t seem to correlate with that the article says

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.