1.1.1.1 and your problems

Various users related problem with 1.1.1.1 and providers and routers, correct? Was 1.1.1.1 a good idea? Or is best an new alternative of numbers to your resolvers? Example: 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.2. :thinking:

We think 1.1.1.1 was an awesome idea. We knew in advance that the entire address space had been highly abused and enjoy solving tough problems. Response from network providers and ISPs has generally been nothing short of fabulous (at least the portions of the conversations to which I have been privy) and occasionally colourful. :orange:

1.0.0.1 is already available as a Cloudflare resolver along with 2 IPv6 addresses.

I like dns service of Cloudflare and now use how my primary and secondary dns. It is my favorite dns service now. I only waiting correction of problem of latency here.

“1.0.0.1 is already available as a Cloudflare resolver along with 2 IPv6 addresses.”

Why not add 1.0.0.2 how alternative to 1.1.1.1 with problems? It is an suggestion only. I like of dns service of Clouflare.

Best Regards,

Thiago

I believe that there’s so much redundancy in Cloudflare’s network that a secondary DNS entry is (mostly) unnecessary. I’m sure there’s some edge case similar to the current situation where it’s nice to fall back to a secondary.

I can’t ever recall seeing any DNS query of mine falling back to 8.8.4.4, but it feels good to have a backup.